Mozaffari Jameh mosque

The Jameh mosque of Kerman is situated in Moshtagh (Shohada) square. It is placed near the Gangalikhan bazar. It was built in the fourteenth century by Amir Mobarezeddin Mohammad –e-Mozaffari-e-Meybodi-Yazdi, who was a king of Al-e-Mozaffar dynasty. It's about 700 years old. This building is the best example of the architecture left by the Mozafarri dynasty, that’s why they call it Mozaffari Jameh mosque.

Mozaffari Jameh mosque architecture

Mozaffari Jameh mosque 1

The Mozaffari Jameh mosque comprises a rectangular court surrounded by an arcade with four iwans placed at the center of each side. The southern main iwan is flanked by additional galleries on the second floor. It is higher, wider and deeper than the other three open iwans. Unlike other mosques, the southern main iwan does not precede a closed domed chamber, but opens the hall behind it to the court. The eastern and western iwans are both rectangular. The main entrance to the mosque is located to the north by its soaring portal iwan. Two additional entrances are found on the south and west. One another important thing about this mosque is that there aren’t any minarets, which makes it unique among other mosques in Iran. The mihrab is situated in the southern main iwan. It was built in the sixteenth century. It is surrounded by a semi- dome comprising two muqarnas tiers of mosaic tile work of arabesque motifs placed on top of a marble dado. The mihrab’s arch is framed by a rectangular frame with an inscription band flanked by two rectangular panels of glazed mosaic tiles of geometric arabesque motifs. The main portal iwan is ornamented with an extraordinary variety of rectangular panels of geometric, floral, and vegetal motifs. . The whole mosque is decorated with the geometric arabesque patterns in white, dark and light blue, and a breathtaking yellow inscribing floral patterns. The Mozaffari Jameh mosque of Kerman continues to attract visitors for its ornamentation, design, and location.

Ganj Ali khan bathhouse

Ganj Ali khan bathhouse (also called Hamam Ganj Ali Khan) was built in 1611 by Ostad Mohammad Soltani architect. It is a collection of art, architecture and using different materials with a suitable space which attracts people to itself. The bath is 64m in length and 30m in width at an area about 1380 sq.m.

Ganjali Khan Bathhouse

Ganj Ali khan bath is a wonderful work, that with its beautiful tile-works, paintings plaster-works pats the eyes of every visitor. Baths are included among the inseparable part of city’s building and are the main and important parts of Islamic cities and villages. The entrance to the Ganj Ali bathhouse is located along a section of Ganj Ali Khan Complex. It is a unique building because of its ornamentation in the style of two historical periods, the Safavid (17th Century) and the Ghaajaar (19th) and because of its tiles, painting, plaster work, the decoration in the cladding of the ceiling and the interior of the dome, and the arrangement of glazed skylight named goljam.

The water of this bathhouse was supplied by the Shahr Abad Qanat which was passed from 30km of Kerman city. This bathhouse was used until 1907 and after that time used as a storeroom of shopkeepers.

ganjalikhan bath house 1

Ganj ali khan Bathhouse Parts

1- Sar Dar (The entry portal) :The entry portal of these baths has been decorated with beautiful paintings of Safavid era.

2- Corridor: The first corridor of the bath that achieved to the sarbine.

3- Sarbine (Dressing room): Cloakrooms were usually octagonal, occasionally square.

4- Hashti (corridor between sarbineh and garmkhane): The  bathhouse was built with convoluted corridor between corridor and the entrance of the bathroom to adjust the temperature difference of outside and inside.     

5- Garmkhane (Golkhan furnace): The long of its hot-chamber (Garmkhane) is 6/25m in width is 7/5 m and its reservoir is 8/5 m in length and 5/7 in width at an area of 44/8sq.m.

6- Time stone: This stones show the time by passing the sun light from themselves.

7- Hakem neshin: The most important person of a city took a shower here, in a seprated and private place of a bath.

8- Hejamat gah: In this place a traditional doctor removed a dirty blood by horn of animal from a person body.

10- Nezafatkhane (private bathhouses):This place separated to some parts for private shave.

Arg-e Bam

Arg-e-Bam (Bam Citadel) and its city are among the most important and historic military fortresses and is situated about 200 km southeast of Kerman and 120 km northeast of Jiroft (in the northeastern part of the city of Bam) on top and on the slopes of the rock, there were strong fortresses, called by people as citadel (Arg).which is one of the world’s largest mud-brick complexes. Located on a hilltop, the citadel consisted of a series of three concentric walls made of mud brick and palm timbers. Arg-e-Bam with more than 2,500 years old antiquity, has been registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2004.

The citadel, which contains the governor’s quarters and the fortified residential area, forms the central focus of a vast cultural landscape, which is marked by a series of forts and citadels, now in ruins. Arg with an approximate area of 200,000 square meters, is considered to be the largest collection of masonry works in the world. It was built in the 5th century BC (Achaemenid period) and continued to be used until 1850, about twenty centuries.

arge bam

Arg-e-Bam is the best example of Iranian Architectural

Arg-e-Bam is a complete example of Iranian architectural practices.The building is made up of mud, bricks and mud, and is the largest mosaic of the world, one of the most beautiful buildings since 2500 years ago. Arg is the most representative example of a fortified medieval town built in vernacular technique using mud layers (Chineh ) sun-dried mud bricks (khesht), and vaulted and domed structures.

Security was a major concern in the Arg-e Bam: the citadel complex was surrounded by deep trenches and four encircling and dividing defensive walls. The "first" wall enclosed the largest area, including the Arg proper and the old city. The residential complex contains the governor's residence, baths, a detached watchtower, the chahar fasl ("four seasons") palace, the prison, the dungeons, and one of the citadel wells. The military section comprises the commander's quarters, barracks, stables for 200 horses, and two wells.

Chahar fasl which is square in plan and domed above, is a three-level structure, and is partially built into the cliff. On its upper (above-ground) story, supported on a platform, additional rooms are linked to each corner of this square plan by vaults. This plan remember also the prototype for a Zoroastrian fire temple. For many reasons including various types of monuments and residential neighborhoods and the way they combine with each other and the place of the whole complex which located at the end to the unique mansion at the highest point, Arg-e-Bam has many values in architecture and urbanization.

arge bam1

Arg-e Bam in 2018

The historic Arg-e-Bam, the first point of the crossroads of Iranian architecture and urbanization, was destroyed by terrible earthquakes in 2003. As a result of this earthquake, more than 80 percent of the historic Bam eruption disappeared. Fortunately the citadel has been restored. Nowadays you can discover Bam in one day, visit historical Arg, its modern city, amazing Qanat, fantastic palm trees, rest in local ecolodges and have a good experience with local food in restaurants.

Harandy Garden Museum

Harandy garden museum was founded by "abdul saltaneh" a high-ranked military officer during Qajar era in 1911, and later it was bought by Abdolghasem Harandi who was a progressive businessman. On his death Harandi bequeathed the garden and its building to the ministry of culture and art.

Harandy Garden Museum 2

Harandy Garden Museum

Harandy garden museum houses 3 museum: 

  1. Traditional musical instruments museum: The first ground of the main building is used as traditional musical instruments museum. This museum was inaugurated on May 18, 2001. It introduced as first Iranian musical instruments museum. The founder of museum was Hossein Masoud( the great master of this art). This museum houses a large collection of Iranian traditional musical instruments such as Taar, Santour, Robbab, Qichak etc and its neighbors which their music is familiar and same to our music.
  2. Harandy musical instruments meuseumArchaeology museum: the upper floor of the main building is used as archaeology museum. The main purpose of creating this museum is to show ancient civilization of Kerman province and the relashionship between these civilizations and the adjacent historical areas. Some of the component in this museum have obtained as a result of scientific excavation of archaeology in Shahdad and the cultural areas of Halilrood which are belongs to three periods: prehistoric, historic and Islamic perids.
  3. Harandy Archaeology museumFossil museum: 2 rooms at the end of garden is used as fossil museum. All fossils are collected by Mr Tajrobekar, And it should be noted that he has found and collect over 270 thousand piece of fossils in Kerman province. The climatic features of the region provided preservation of unique fossils for hundreds of milions of years. This include plants,animal bones and flesh and eggs.

Harandy Fossil Museum

Kerman Zoroastrian Fire temple and anthropological museum

Kerman’s Fire temple (Atashkadeh) and the only Zoroastrian anthropological museum in the world was built in 1925 and located in Borzou Amiqi (near Moshtaghieh Great Square) street.

Zoroastrian Fire temple

Zoroastrian Fire temple

Fire temple as the institution for eternal fire housing dates back to the time of Pishdadian king, Houshang and most of them fueled by wood. On that time fire was kept at a central location constantly ablaze and households would take the fire they needed for their use (cooking or heating their homes) from there.
It is also adapted into the Zoroastrian religion, and served as the center for most religious activities. Since fire is Holy for Zoroastrians, there is an ever burning fire in the middle of all fire temples. Later they also served as libraries, hostels, medical centers and …
After the Islamic Arab invasion of Iran, Arab invaders forcing their religion and while that religion take hold in Iran and many temples were forcefully converted to mosques, Kerman and Yazd became the two provinces that continued to maintain significant numbers of Zoroastrians. That’s why more Zoroastrian fire temples are founded in this region.

Zoroastrian anthropological museum

Zoroastrian anthropological museum

It is the first museum of its kind in the world and was officially inaugurated during Jashn-e Tirgan (Tirgan ceremonies) in 2005 by Iran’s Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHHTO). The museum showcases the ancient history of Zoroastrians, some historical Zoroastrian religious texts, Zoroastrian customs and religious ceremonies, different kinds of candle lights, fire braziers, and tallow burners. The oldest objects in this museum is a handwritten volume of Gothic (an archaic Germanic language) which belonged to 200 years age.

Arge-e Rayen

The historic and ancient city of Rayen is located in 100 kilometers south of Kerman and 115 kilometer north of Jiroft.One of the most important historical attraction of Rayen is its Arg. Arg is a smaller castle in the middle of city.

Rayen Castle

Arg-e Rayen is the second largest adobe monument in the world ( Arg-e Bam is the first). The space is 22000 square meter, and the surrounding is 40000 square meter.Arg-e Rayen refers back to Sassanid period that is about 500 AD.Arg-e Rayen is one of the samples in glorious architecture and civilization of Iran which remained from 15 century ago without any real scratch
Arg e Rayen


Konar Sandal


 Arrata Civilization in Kerman

Perpetual beliefs about the first civilization in the universe are related to Mesopotamia. But there is another civilization which could be the first one in the world. If you discover Kerman you can see it in two cities of kerman: Shahdad and Jiroft.

Konar Sandal2

Konar Sandal

Konar Sandal is a village located about 30 kilometers south of Jiroft city. Sometimes you can't find it on the google map. Konar Sandal is an archeological site of the Bronze Age .there are two hills. The distance between the north and south hills is about 1.5 kilometers from each other. South Hill is almost elliptical, about 21 meters high from the surface of the surrounding area. The hill is considered to be the remains of a gigantic structure built on an ancient older hill and likely to have a tower about 11 meters wide. Also, scrolls and plaques have been found with an unknown line. Archaeologists believe that this lines might be the first written language in the world even before Assyrians or before the invention of writing in Mesopotamia.this place is the civilization that dates back to the third millennium BC and was confirmed by hand-crafted work in 2001.

Konar Sandal1
Jiroft's plates can change many of the books of the history of renowned universities in the world, which show the richness of this ancient civilization. The city of Jiroft in the south of Kerman witnessed a huge flood during the last decade. After flooding and washing the layers of the soil, especially in the plains around the Konar Sandal, dishes and unique objects appeared, and people found historic spoons, dishes and objects that amaze them. In ancient times, the Konar Sandal hills had been used as a religious center. There is a temple on top of the hills, recognized as one of the most important ziggurats ever found in the world and over four million bricks had been used for its construction. The clay tablets of Jiroft which founded in Iraq highlights the greatness of this civilization.

ziggurats konar sandal
Recent excavations in Jiroft revealed new dimensions of the ancient civilization of the city. Archaeologists are busy digging these hills to discover the secret of an ancient land.

Haj-Agha Ali house

Haj-Agha Ali house is one of the largest and most beautiful adobe houses in the world, with an infrastructure of over 7000 square meters and also with Iranian architecture, is located in Kerman. This house's name is Haj-Aqa Ali. Haj-Aqa Ali was the main owner of Rafsanjan,(one of the cities in Kerman Province) he was a well-known merchant and was connected with Eastern countries like India and China.

Haj Agha Ali house

Haj-Agha Ali house description

This building is located 6 km from Rafsanjan city. It was built in 1758. The house has eighty-six rooms (haft-dari, panj-dari,se-dari and closets) which have been constructed in four main parts of the basement, including: spring house, alcove, fall house and winter house. A large kitchen and a large warehouse have been responsible for supplying the needs of this complex. Four courtyards, indoor and outdoor corridors have been linked to various parts of this house.

HajAgha Ali house

This house was known as "appropriative house". The construction of this building has been used for indigenous desert areas. And each section is made up of a geographic location. One of the amazing parts of the house is Howz-khane, which is the widest indoor area in the house. Its roof is covered by a huge dome at the height of the second floor. In the middle of the Howz-khane, there is a rectangular dock that has been linked to the ponds of lateral yards and its water was supplied through the Qanats. This part was designed by exquisite stucco with Slavic patterns.

Haj-Aqa Ali house is a complete sample of Iranian architecture and creativity.


Ganj Ali Khan Complex

Ganj Ali Khan

The complex (Ganj Ali Khan) is situated in the middle of the city of Kerman and next to the Bazaar of Kerman in south Iran; it occupies an area of 11000 m² and includes a palace, a mosque, a bathhouse , a caravanserai, and a small bazaar. The layout, the space, and the architecture of the Ganj Ali Khan bath was such as to satisfy the most exacting of tastes. The architect of Ganj Ali khan complex is a Yazdian architect named “Ostad Mohammad oltani” who indeed knew the political, economical and cultural conditions of its time.

Sanati Contemporary Arts Museum

Sanati Contemporary Arts Museum located in Shariati Street and it's called the Museum of Contemporary Arts. This museum is also called by its founder who was Ali Akbar Sanati (1916–2006), who spent most of his childhood in the orphanage. He was a great painter and sculptor. Half of the works in the museum belongs to him and the other belong to 83 Iranian artists and 16 foreigner artists. It also exhibits works by younger Iranian artists and even a bronze hand by Auguste Rodin.

Sanati Contemporary Arts Museum


Sanati Contemporary Arts Museum description

The best art museum is located in Tehran but Kerman's museum has included the most valuable treasure of contemporary arts in Iran and in the world, and it would be the second museum in this category. About 1200 works of art are kept in Sanati museum. These pieces of art include sconces of bronze, gypsum, marble and wood, stone mosaics, chiaroscuro, oil paintings and watercolors.

Sanati Contemporary Arts Museum

Sanati Contemporary Arts Museum background

This museum was built nearly 80 years ago for an orphanage. It has been the orphanage since then to about 40 years.after that it changed to a museum. The main building of the museum is formed in a linear fashion and is made of bricks and rocks. The roof of this museum is a dome in the pattern of traditional Iranian architecture. In front of the building, there is a stoic that has been used in Iranian fashion to protect and shade and cool the rooms. It does not have a special decoration, but architecturally, given the fact that it was formed at a particular point in the history of architecture, it is very important and actually represents the last days of the integration in the traditional architecture. The museum's area is also arranged with Persian garden pattern. The main point of art museum in Kerman is the big difference of this county with other cities in Iran. Kerman is a labyrinth in history and nature, but you can discover a contemporary museum in it. That's fantastic.

Khajeh Atabak’s Tomb

Khajeh Atabak’s Tomb (he was one of the ministers of the Seljuk rulers) is located in southeastern of Kerman province which is one the most valuable remnant of the Seljuk era in the 6th century AH.

khajeh atabak tomb1The most important features of his tomb are the tile and gypsum decoration. It is the first Iranian monument in which color as an important and interesting element was used in building decoration. The use of turquoise tiles in plastering and brickwork has created a beautiful combination.
The tomb was apparently located in the garden belonging to Khajeh Atabak. The roof of the tomb was collapsed about 70 years ago, and then it rebuilt, so you can’t see any decoration on the ceiling now.

Khaje atabak tomb

Contrary to the octagonal exterior, the inside of the chamber is a square. The entrance door of the tomb is located on the southern side of the building. Other sides of the building are built like the southern side, and their only difference is the door position, in which there are frames with geometric decorations on these sides instead of the door. This structure has a highly ornate Mihrab with inscriptive rectangular frames as well as Kuffic and Thulth inscriptions.

Shah Nematollah

Shah Nur-eddin Nematollah Vali was a sufi master, poet and founder of an order of dervishes from 14th and 15th centuries.Shah Nematollah Vali shrine which is about 6000 square meters in size, is located in 35 km south-east of Kerman city in Mahan. The construction of the complex began in the year 848 Hijri Lunar and continued until six centuries later. This structure is also famous for its tilework and seven ancient wooden doors.

shah nematollah1

The shrine complex comprises four courtyards ( Atabaki, Vakil-ol-Molkia, Mirdamad, Hosseiniyeh ) a reflecting pool, museum, mosque and twin minarets covered with turquoise tiles from the bottom up to the cupola. On the southwestern side of the portico behind the shrine, there is a small place as Chelleh Khaneh (40 Nights House), where Shah Nematollah Vali spent 40 days and nights worshipping God. Its roof is like the hat worn by Sufis and has 12 cracks in it.

shah nematollah

Bagh-e- Sangi

Bagh-e- Sangi (the Garden of stone), is a mysterious garden with no greenery, but its trees always have fruit, fruits of stones which have been hanging on dried trunks for many years, with a hidden secret. A garden that is not like any other ones, but more sophisticated than most. It's situated 40 km south-east of Sirjan, in Kerman province.

Bagh e Sangi1
The story of this garden is a worth hearing story. A hexagonal garden with hundreds of fertile trees, really distinctive of other ones; no need for water or sunshine, but for years its trees have been standing proudly. The trees owe their resistance to Darvish Khan Esfandiarpour, who sowed each one with his hands and in the silence and wonder of villagers and visitors. A man who, in the midst of troubles, set up one of the most beautiful abstract art museums in the middle of the desert.

Bagh e Sangi2
Dervish Khan Esfandiari, a landowner of Sirjan, lived through gardening and being a shepherd. He lost much of his land in 1961 (1340) after the implementation of the land reform plan. To protest this loss, he abandoned gardening until all the remaining trees dried. After that, he started to create this garden, a vast garden in which nearly a hundred short and tall trees are planted with regularity. Much more astonishing than the rootless and dry trees in the soil, are the hanging stones, large and small ones, tied to the branches with thick wires and ropes.

bagh e sangi 3
Darwish Khan shared all his life with these trees and created the picture of his days, sweet or bitter, in them. For example a curved stone like a shaved head for when his son became a soldier or stones for the death of his friends and loved ones. Creating such garden was a way of protesting since Darvish Khan was deaf and dumb, so he couldn't express his protest in words. This garden was his only delight and pleasure, he looked after it carefully until he died in 2007 at the age of 83, beside his trees and also is buried there.



Gonbad-e-Jabalieh or Jabalie dome is an octagonal structure located in Kerman.It has been constructed of brick stone. It is attributed to Seljuke rulers.Its architectural style shows that it is from Sassanid period.
The building of the dome is 20 meters high.It has 8 doors with the width of 2 meters and now except the gat, they are all blocked with stones in order to prevent destruction of building.In the construstion of building instead of water, camel milk has been used.Inside the dome there are some inscriptions and there is some evidence of it.
The name of the dome is derived from the term “Jabali” which had originally been “Gabri”. The changing in pronunciation shows that the construction was before the Arab invasion of Iran.In the year 1937 the Jabalieh Dome was registered by Iran’s Cultural Heritage Department.



Maymand(also spelt Maymand and Meimand) is a village of troglodytes ( cave dwellers ) ,self-contained, semi-arid area at the end of a valley at the southern extremity of Iran’s central mountains.The history of human settlements in this village dates back to the 3 thousand years ago which making it one of Iran’s four oldest surviving villages.

They raise their animals on mountain pastures, living in temporary settlements(nomad tent) during spring and autumn. on the other hands in winter months they live lower down the valley in cave dwellings carved out of the soft rock (kamar), an interestin way of living in a dry, desert environment.

one more thing i can say about meymand is that According to some historian the original history of Meimand belongs to 12000 years ago. They say that there is an inscription in 7 or 8 km Meimand that the mentioned date has been engraved on it.

Malek Mosque

Malek Mosque also called Imam Mosque is the oldest and the biggest mosque located in Imam Khomeini Street in Kerman. It was registered in the list of Iran’s national monuments on 15th of Mehr 1346 with registration number 760. It is a reminder of Malek Touran, the Seljuq king, who had built the mosque as a place of worship for Sufis, a bathhouse and a hospital. It was the only mosque in the city before Mozaffari Grand Mosque. Malek Mosque is 101 m in length and 91 m in width and has been built between 477 and 490 AH. It has four porches that the biggest one is located at the western side of the mosque and the beautiful Seljuq tower in its east play roles in the beauty and importance of the mosque.

Malek Mosque

The mosque has a four iwan structure. The large iwan is on the opposite side of the west gate. One of the large doors opens to the north and the other to the southwest side. The mosque has many courtyards or “Shabestan” (part of a mosque designed for sleeping or nocturnal praying) in its each four sides and the most famous of them is Shabestan-e Imam Hassan or Imam Hassan courtyard. The wide Imam Mosque courtyard covers 6000sqm with tiled iwans(barrel-vaulted halls) on three sides but it is the main southwest iwan that is the attraction. It is a massive Seljuk structure in mostly 10th-century brick. One of the beautiful constructions in the mosque is located at the western courtyard, Its roof is decorated and columns are covered with plasterwork. There are also two vent pipes on both sides that ventilate the whole interior of the mosque.

Malek Mosque2

There have been four bathhouses around the mosque all of them have been destroyed except Sheikholeslam bathhouse. More than 40 years ago there was a beautiful fountain in the middle of the mosque which was 4 m deep and was known as “Ab Mastoureh (Hidden Water)”. It was located at the place where the ablution was performed for daily prayer. Nowadays, performing ablution is difficult in the mosque due to water shortage. Only the old pools situated beside the mosque are used. Unfortunately, tile works and inscriptions of the mosque have been completely destroyed and there is no document about its establishment date and architect .Different parts of mosque especially the main porch restored in Vakil Almolk period (1285H) and the easter porch has been restored with the effort of Deilamanqani in the recent century and the main iwan, were restored by Kerman Ruler Morteza Qoli Khan in 1864.


Yakhdan Moayedi

Yakhdan Moayedi (also called Moayedi Ice-house )

Yakhdan is a circular structure made of sun baked bricks and clay that resembles a huge dome. This touristy structure is located in Kerman and it's surrounded by lush greenery.There are several ditches around this ice-house which were filled with rain water in winter, then after the water iced, the ice weas led to the ice-house to be used in summer.
Moayedi is the name of a parish in Kerman and it includes some parts of fields and old Moayedi Ice-house qanat in /takhti square and Khorshid Abuhames streets. It sites in Shahid Kamyab in the same region of Kerman.It seems that Moayed Aldin Reyhan, one of the rulers of Kerman had been the owner of it.
The gardens would fill with water during winter and then the ice would be slid into the yakhchal to be used in warmer months.

Gohar-riz Qanat

Gohar-riz is consisted of 6 Qanat chains


Gohar-riz Qanat is consisted of 6 Qanat chains which their total length is 3556 meters, containing 129 wells. It’s one of the biggest Qanats is southern east of Iran and it is said to be two thousand years old.

The main tunnel of Qanat is located at a depth of 20 meters so there is no light there and flash lights are needed. The important point about Gohar-riz Qanat, which is unique in the world and led to its registration in UNESCO list, is that a part of Qanat is big enough that a man can walk in it. The flood in 1379 caused destruction of some parts of the Qanat, in the course of its repair, this corridor section was added. And in 1384 became a tourism project and then destination.

Fathabad Garden

Fathabad garden is located 16 km North West of Kerman, Iran, in the nearby Ekhtiarabad village; boasting its royal antiquated elegance the visitors and traveler who enter. according to historians, this pattern has been used to constructing Shazdeh Garden in Mahan. The history of the construction of the garden is around the year 1255 (Hijri-Shamsi), In Qajar period. Fazl Ali Khan Biglar Beygi ,the ruler of Kerman, was ordered to build this garden,so it is also called Biglarbeygi Garden. The Fathabad Qanat water passed through fathabad Garden in the past, and it was so refreshing and in its day, the Fathabad Qanat was a key supplier of water for the city of Kerman. Through which, it also supplied water for the Fathali Garden and mansion.

Fathabad garden2

Fathabad garden background

The Fathabad Garden for a long time had been abandoned and damaged and most of the trees have dried up and under the auspices of the cultural heritage, restoration and reconstruction of the garden began in 1392. Although this garden isn’t registered as a part of the Persian Gardens on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, it’s still definitely worth visiting. If you’re really looking to wowed, head over to the dignified garden at dusk and soak-in the exquisite red, orange and yellow hues projected onto the mansion’s façade. Not to mention the reflection of it all in the central garden pool! The magnificently crafted mansion is comprised of multiple arcades on its ground floor and surrounding walls, all while holding up the stunning second floor with its glorious terrace.

Fathabad garden4

The historical Fathabad garden and mansion is one of the demonstrated structures known to have been connected to the well-known (pun intended) antiquated Fathabad Qanat system. Prestigiously sitting at the northern wing of the garden, the plush two-story chateau views over two large rectangular pools, reflecting its stunning façade. The building structure is made entirely from raw adobe and plaster. It’s quite amazing what the old-time architects and builders could do with such delicate and simple materials.

Fathabad garden

Interestingly, this unpretentious yet luxurious mansion served as the founding structural template for the subsequent Shahzdeh Garden in Kerman city. Don’t miss out on your view of the revived beauty, while in town!

The National library of Kerman

The National Library of Kerman (the Sun Spinning Factory) is related to the first Pahlavi period and is located in Kerman city, Shahid Rajaee St (Previous name of the street was Khorshid which means sun).

national library of kermanThis monument was registered on September 30, 1999 with the number 2419 as one of the national works of Iran.This beautiful library has a beautifully landscaped area and the building is located in the middle of it.There are cedar trees and the water pond inside the area, which has given a beautiful beauty to the building itself. Types of doors and windows that still retain their original style and decorative bricks are beautiful and exquisite. In addition to mosaic tiles, this masonry bricks has created a very beautiful texture in the facade. The entrance to this building has an identity, which is also in addition to the decorated entrance space.

the national library of kerman

The construction of the library dates back to the year 1929 A.D., the architect - Mohammad Ali Rawari - built the building on the order of a group of capitalists in Kerman, Rafsanjan and Yazd to start the spinning and knitting factory in the Khorshid street. The factory was active for a while, but it could not continue to work and shut down. In 1989, the building was rebuilt from the existing facilities, it began to be known as the center for research about Kerman for some time, and two years later, it became a national library in cooperation with the Cultural Heritage Organization.

the national library of kerman

There are 121,000 volumes of books in the library and more than 30 librarians work there. Kerman Central Library now has various departments such as reception, technical services, trusteeship, reference, manuscripts and lithographs, audiovisual resources, new book exhibitions, library of the blind and children library which provide services to fellow travelers and respectable clients.

Bagh-e shazdeh

Bagh-e Shazdeh (Shazdeh garden) meaning Prince Mahan’s Garden is a persian historic garden and is located around 6 km from Mahan in Kerman. It is spread over 5.5 hectares (approximately 407 meters long and 122 meters wide) with a wall around it. Bagh-e Shazdeh has been constructed In the 11-year rule of Qajar dynasty governor Abdolhamid Mirza Naseroldoleh (governor of kerman), in 1900 . Shazdeh garden is the ninth Iranian garden that has been registered on UNESCO’s World Heritage List in June of 2011. It is rumored that after hearing the news of governor death, the masons immediately abandoned their work and as a result there are some unfinished areas in the main entrance.

shazdeh garden

Baghe Shazdeh view

The garden itself consists of a variety of pools in a terraced fashion, pavilion, different kind of trees and flowers. As a result of the 6.4% slope along the garden, and its 407 meter length, a height difference of about 20 meters occurs. This natural slope leads to the division in the garden to determine the nature of the garden. The trees that can be founded in Shazdeh garden are

  • Evergreen and windbreak trees (such as pine, cedar)
  • Shady and wide-leaf trees (such as elm, rowan, sycamore, aspen)
  • Ornamental plants (such as ornamental cedars, juniper, Shirkhesht)
  • Fruit trees

baghe shazdeh

The clever use of natural aspects (proper soil, light breezes and Qanat water) has enabled The architect to create such an environment in conflict with its dry surroundings. Bagh-e shazdeh is considered to be one of the prime examples of Persian Garden, because a prominent aspect of every Persian Garden is to take advantage of the natural climate to enhance its designs which can be seen here obviously.